- Good project management is essential for project success.
- The intangible nature of software causes problems for management.
- Managers have diverse roles but their most significant activities are planning, estimating and scheduling.
- Planning and estimating are iterative processes that continue throughout the course of a project.
- Risks may be project risks, product risks or business risks.
- Risk management is concerned with identifying risks that may affect the project and planning to ensure that these risks do not develop into major threats.
- Activities involved in ensuring that software is delivered: on time, within the budget and in accordance with the requirements.
- Project management is needed because software development is always subject to budget and schedule constraints.
Our software project management activities include: